Hey hey! Hold on to your butts, here comes a huge workbook entry! First off, let’s summarize today’s work on the project. I got a couple more people to test Chamber 2 and started looking through the feedback I’ve gotten. With the feedback in mind, I adjusted a couple of things in Chamber 2. Made… Read More


Hey all! One of those late-reports-that-I-move-back-to-the-right-day-deals once again, sorry for those of you who were eagerly anticipating this post (anyone? Hello?) So, this Friday I started running the tests for the second chamber, uploading the level to my FTP and sending the links to the level and the form to some select testers. So far,… Read More


Hey all! A relatively early workbook report today, what the hey! So, what’s been happening today? Well, I did the final lightmap build of Chamber 2, in preparation for the testing build. I also added a bit of a visual reward at the end of the level, similar to the bridge at the end of… Read More


What’s up, interbutts! It’s one of those posts that encompasses a whole two days! Whoa! First off, the report for yesterday (Tuesday): I continued the construction of Chamber 2, mainly I scripted and implemented the mechanics for the last room in the “maze” at the beginning of the level. It was mostly just a matter of rewriting some past… Read More


I’m fresh out of phrases to introduce this next workbook post with, so let’s just get to it! Today’s report: I’ve made a lot of progress already with the second Chamber that I started building today. I did cheat a bit yesterday evening. Since I didn’t have much to do, it being a Sunday and… Read More


Yo yo! So, a little late report, since I was back home at my parents’ over the weekend, visiting them and hanging out with my siblings and such. So, what happened this Friday in terms of work? Well, most of the testing’s done for the first Chamber. I’m just gonna send it over to one… Read More


Good evening, people of the internet! I’ll try to cut today’s report short, since I’m itching to play some video games. Here we go! So, I started the day with making sure that everything worked in the level, did some test builds and such. After that, I downloaded a script that enabled me to increase the… Read More


Hey hey hey! It’s that time again, time for walls of text of documenting my level designing process! Today, I’ve been putting out the last light source models, which are just the decorative models that I placed by the lights, so that it doesn’t look like the lights are cast from nowhere. I also added… Read More


Hey all! It’s workbook time again. I’ve made a lot of progress these last two days, so let’s get to business! I’ve previously talked a bit about the issues I had with having more than two materials in the level I exported from UDK. Well, yesterday I solved that problem as well! It turns out that as… Read More


Hey all! This post will be a little late, but for the sake of consistency, I’ll just move its publishing date to Friday. It’ll be like I never was late with it! As I mentioned in the last post, I ran into some issues when exporting my UDK level with more than two materials. The… Read More